Parking in Pembrokeshire
EV charge points in Pembrokeshire
Pembrokeshire County Council, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Authority and Milford Haven Port's electric vehicle charging network is operated by Dragon Charging Ltd. Locations of the chargepoints are shown here map of charging locations (opens in a new tab) and instructions on how to access the network are here: FAQ – Dragon Charging Network (opens in a new tab).
They are situated at:
- Tenby Multi-storey Car Park (ground floor and top level)
- Tenby North Beach Car Park SA70 8AG
- Penally Station Car Park SA70 7PS
- Milford Haven Robert Street Car Park
- Milford Haven Leisure Centre Car Park
- Milford Waterfront (Adj. 'Foam' Café) Mackerel Quay, Milford Haven Marina, Milford Haven, SA73 3BH
- Pembroke Dock Library (Gordon Street car park off Water Street)
- Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Llanion Park H.Q Car Park SA72 6DY
- Pembroke Dock Western Way Car Park SA72 6JD
- Pembroke Dock Bridge Innovation Centre
- Pembroke Parade Car Park
- Pembroke West Street Car Park
- Fishguard West Street Car Park
- Fishguard Leisure Centre Car Park
- Goodwick Parrog Car Park
- Newport Long Street Car Park
- Narberth Town Moor Car Park
- St Dogmaels High Street Car Park
- Haverfordwest St Thomas Green Car Park
- Haverfordwest County Hall Car Park
- St David’s Quickwell Car Park
- St. Davids Oriel Y Parc Visitor Centre & Gallery, The Grove
- Crymych Mart Ground Car Park
- Neyland High Street Car Park
- Neyland Community Hub, Neyland
- Saundersfoot Brewery Meadow Car Park SA69 9ND
- Porthgain Parking Area adjacent to Hoppers
- Broad Haven Car Park, Millmoor Way
- Eglwyswrw - Castell Henllys Iron Age Fort SA41 3UR
- Llanychaer - Cilrhedyn Woodland Centre SA65 9TR
- Manorbier Car Park SA70 7SY
- Poppit Sands Car ParkSA42 3LN
- Amroth Car Park SA67 8NQ
- Freshwater East East End Car Park SA71 5LL
- Little Haven Car Park SA62 3UN
- Newgale Car Park SA62 6BD
- Newport Sands Car Park SA42 0RE
- Solva Car Park SA62 6UT
- Nolton Haven Car Park SA62 3NH
Types of charging
All Pembrokeshire County Council public fast 22 kW electric vehicle charging is provided by Type 2 AC sockets with the charging cable provided by the user.
The 'fast' chargeposts operate dynamic load management and they are capable of charging an electric vehicle within 3 to 4 hours dependent on the type and number of vehicles plugged in.
Public rapid chargers provide both CCS and CHAdeMO DC sockets. CCS being the dominant standard for DC charging in the UK, however many early EVs utilised the CHAdeMO standard. The 50 kW 'rapid' chargeposts operate dynamic load management and they are capable of charging an electric vehicle within 1 to 2 hours dependent on the type and number of vehicles plugged in. The 120 kW 'rapid' chargeposts also operate dynamic load management and they are capable of charging an electric vehicle within 30 minutes to 1 hour dependent on the type and number of vehicles plugged in.
How to use the charging station
To create an account for use of the council EV chargeposts and to start a charge please go to: Dragon Charging (opens in a new tab)
Charging is payable. Payment can be made via a smart phone using the web app or an RFID card can be purchased. For details see: Dragon Charging (opens in a new tab)
Please note that the chargeposts are all located within existing Pay and Display car parks. The relevant Pay and Display fee will also need to be paid to cover the duration that a vehicle is parked in the car park.
There is maximum stay of 4 hours in the EV charging bays during Pay and Display operating hours.
Any profit gained by Pembrokeshire County Council from use of the EV chargepoints will be reinvested into further chargepost provision.
For further information
These electric vehicle chargepoints are provided by Pembrokeshire County Council for the benefit of residents and visitors to facilitate the transition to a low carbon future. The project was funded by Welsh Government and delivered by Silverstone Green Energy. The Dragon Charging (opens in a new tab) network is a regional network also being used by our neighbouring local authorities in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. Your feedback is welcome, please email: email@example.com