Information Governance is about how the Council uses and looks after information and your personal data. It lays out the standards, principles and best practice that will be adopted to ensure that the information we hold is accurate and is dealt with legally, securely and efficiently.
The Information Governance and Complaints team carry out the following functions:-
- Making sure we follow good Information Governance practice when processing information.
- Making sure we process personal information that we hold legally and in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018.
- Managing and dealing with Subject Access Requests.
- Managing and dealing with Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004 requests.
- Making information available through the Publication Scheme and the Disclosure Log.
- Managing the Complaints policies and procedures.
- Record and share Compliments and Comments.