Team Around the Family
Information for parents
What is TAF?
Team Around the Family (TAF) is a support service for you and your family. It has been shown that it is best when families identify themselves the positive changes that they wish to make to family life. TAF will support families to make these changes. This can lead to more positive futures for their children.
What will my TAF worker do?
Your TAF worker will:
- Work with your family to look at the changes you would like to make to improve family life.
- Agree an action plan, which sets out how you will achieve these changes and who will be responsible for each action.
- Help your family to feel more confident, so that you can maintain these changes in the future without needing their support.
- Tell you about other support services that may also help you work on your plan.
- Make you feel comfortable about using the service again if you have problems in the future
How can I access the service?
Any professional already working with your family can refer you to us (with your permission). Before they do this, they will talk to you about what changes you would like to make and what support you think you will need. You will need to:
- Sign a consent form for us to begin working with you
- Let your TAF worker know if you no longer need their support (you can withdraw from our support at anytime)
As a rule the information which you and your family provide will only be shared with your agreement. However there may be certain times when the people working with you need to share your information without your agreement, for example to help a child who is at risk of harm, or to help prevent or detect a serious crime.
If you would like more information please contact:
Team Around the Family (TAF)
Flying Start Centre,
Tel: (01437) 770023
Information for Professionals
What is TAF?
Team Around the Family (TAF) is a service for families who wish to make positive changes to family life but need support to make those changes. Research shows that when families identify for themselves the positive changes they wish to make and are supported to make these changes, that the long terms outcomes on the lives of their children are greater and more sustainable. TAF is not a universal service. It operates at Tier 2 and is therefore not open to families who are receiving a higher level of intervention.
What does a TAF worker do?
The TAF worker will:
- Work with the family to look at the positive changes they would like to make to improve family life.
- Agree an action plan, which sets out how the family will achieve these changes and who will be responsible for each action.
- Help the family to feel more confident, so that they can maintain these changes in the future without needing the TAF workers support.
- Signpost the family to other support services, that may also help them work on their plan.
- Make the family feel comfortable about using the service again if they have problems in the future.
How do I make a referral?
- Contact the TAF team for a copy of the referral form
- Contact us if you have any queries about the information required or how to complete the referral form. Please remember that you MUST obtain signed consent from the family.
What happens next?
- Let you know when your referral has been received, when the family have been allocated a TAF worker, and when the family are closed to the service.
- Provide you with regular updates for the duration of our intervention with the family.
- Provide you with a copy of the work completed by the family once they have finished with the service.
- Accept that engagement with the service is voluntary and that families can choose to withdraw from TAF support at any time.
Team Around the Family (TAF) Flying Start Centre
Tel: (01437) 770023
Dewis Cymru is the place to go if you want information or advice about your well-being – or want to know how you can help somebody else.