Building Control

Demolition Notices

If you propose to demolish a building or part of a building with a volume, measured externally, in excess of 50 cubic metres, section 80 of the Building Act requires you to give notice to the local Authority before starting work. You will also need to notify the occupier of any adjacent building; Wales and west utilities regarding gas supplies in the area; and Western Power Distribution regarding the electrical supply network.

Further details are available in the Intention to carry out demolition works - Guidance

Notice of proposed demolition should be made using the Intention to carry out demolition works form

ID: 2443, revised 02/10/2017