Health and Safety
Want some health and safety advice?
Whether you are just starting in business, are new to health and safety or are already set up and looking to measure and improve your health and safety performance, then there are organisations that are able to:
- Help you understand your health and safety responsibilities
- Help you ensure your business is a safe place to work
- Help you to put things right
- Provide access to quality health and safety advice quickly
- Provide advice to workers and others on issues which may be causing concern.
For specific advice on the application of the legislation to your business you can contact us via email or phone. We have also set up business advice pages which covers a range of essential topics.
The team will respond to all reasonable requests for advice or assistance from businesses. Types of requests for advice the health and safety team receive are:
- for advisory visits
- enquiries about legislation on Caravan Sites, Petroleum Sites, Smoking Ban, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- requests for information leaflets
- advice about training
- advice on Event Safety
- information for new businesses and planning advice
The following websites also provide business support to people starting, running and growing a business:
- The Health and Safety Toolbox (opens new window) on the HSE website offers quick and easy access to the information and resources that small to medium sized businesses really need, including model risk assessments and free publications on all aspects of health and safety.
- business.wales.gov.uk/ (opens new window)
- www.gov.uk/business (opens new window)
- Workboost Wales is a government funded service providing confidential, practical and free advice to small businesses in Wales on workplace health and safety, management of sickness absence and return to work issues.
For further information contact:
Health and Safety Team,
Public Protection Division,
Pembrokeshire County Council,
Tel: 01437 775179