Social Care Training Resources
New resources and Information to guide you through Covid-19 including:
- Local authorities who have made their training available on-line for anyone in Wales to access: Carmarthenshire County Council's our people website has many useful resources to support care services during Covid-19. Blaenau Gwent and Caerphilly County Council Social Care Workforce Development website.
- Dementia and Covid 19 - useful resources designed to help those working with people with dementia and family carers too. This includes ‘A quick guide to care and support of people with dementia’.
- An audio version of the Dementia Quick Guide is now available. This will be helpful for you to use in induction or for any new or redeployed staff who have not previously worked with people living with dementia.
- Covid-19 e-learning course funded by Unison - covers signs and symptoms, hand washing technique, principles of infection control and more. Learners receive a certificate on their successful completion of the course. Registration is simple, staff just need to complete this: Application form (use Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers) and we will send them their log-in details.
- COVID-19 – How to work safely in care homes from Public Health England, includes a guide to working safely and putting on and taking off PPE video.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice for councils and care providers during this period of sustained transmission of COVID-19. Residential care, supported living and home care guidance from Social Care Institute of Excellence (SCIE)
- Visual impairment a range of resources freely available for people who work with older people and adults with learning disabilities. Kindly shared by the RNIB.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
Confidential support for all staff. Available 24/7
Are you having a difficult time and feel you need some advice on any of these issues and more? Our counselling and information service is free and confidential.
- Your Mental Health - Leaflet containing details of local and national support and advice services. NHS endorsed free apps for mental health and wellbeing and useful wellbeing
- Mental health and wellbeing resources. From Virtual College, this resource pack aims to cover to address a wide range of mental health and wellbeing topics to provide learners with a well-rounded understanding of their mental health and the relevant tools.
- Wellbeing - NHS's '10 Tips if you're feeling worried about the Coronavirus'
- Mind's 8 relaxation tips to help you look after your wellbeing when you're stressed, busy or worried
- Remploy - If your employees are experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or other mental health issues that are affecting their work we can provide free support
- Coronavirus: dealing with bereavement and grief Cruse bereavement care - resources to share how bereavement and grief may be affected by this pandemic. It covers some of the different situations and emotions bereaved people may have to deal with.
- Social Care Wales - We've developed a resource to support the health and well-being of social care workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Our Frontline - a combination of 1-2-1 support and online resources for frontline carers, the Blue Light emergency services and key workers who are putting their mental health under pressure.
- Academi Wales has a number of free Mindfulness podcasts for you to download. The podcasts are aimed at helping you to have more energy and resilience.
- Using brief animation, Dr Russ Harris, illustrates how to use ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) to help you deal with the corona crisis and the fear, anxiety and worry that goes with it
- Covid Calm - Bitesize stress management videos
- Future Learn - Support Your Mental Health In Lockdown, courses to help you manage your own mental health and support others who are struggling.