Apply for a Haverfordwest Farmers Market Licence
- In accordance with the rules of the Farmers Market, all produce sold must have been grown, processed, caught, brewed or made by the producer. All added-value or processed products to include at least 25% of ingredients sourced locally where possible. No food containing any GM products will be allowed for sale. No bought-in produce can be sold, the vendor must only sell the produce stated on his/her group licence application.
- All produce must be produced from within a 50-mile radius of Haverfordwest.
- Only certified organic produce can trade under an organic label.
- The market organiser, Pembrokeshire County Council, reserve the right to defer an application based on the grounds of maintaining a balance of vendors within the Farmers Market. Preference will be given to producers most local to Market.
- Only the producer, his/her family, an employee, or a representative of the business/group who is directly involved with growing/producing of the produce on sale, is permitted to sell produce.
- Local growers’ organisations, co-operatives or umbrella organisations (eg Country Markets) may appoint a representative to sell pooled produce on a stall. In these cases, all produce should be labelled with the producers name and address. In the case of a co-operative each member of the co-operative whose produce will be sold at the Market will need to provide individual applications. A rotation of each co-operative member will be required to man the stall.
- All traders attending Haverfordwest Farmers Market, must be rated at a broadly compliant standard, which is a score of 3 or above according to the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (FHRS).
- All Traders must maintain public and product liability insurance cover for a minimum of £2 Million
- Stalls and produce must comply with all relevant food hygiene, labelling, traceability and compositional legislation
For more information, please contact:
Joanne Welch, Food Development Officer
Tel : (01437) 776169
E-Mail : email@example.com
ID: 1353, revised 20/04/2023Print