Forming a Civil Partnership
Your civil partnership is a unique and special occasion and we are here to help to make it a day to remember.
Whatever you choose, whether it is an intimate ceremony with just yourselves and two witnesses, a small family gathering or a grand celebration we will be happy to help you make the day the one of your dreams.
Whether your ceremony is held in the Register Office or one of our approved premises, you need to be aware of the formalities required.
- you do not necessarily have to live in Pembrokeshire to hold your ceremony here
- book well in advance to secure the time and date you want, contact us to discuss availability of dates and times
- you and your partner must be over 18 (or be able to provide evidence of consent if aged 16 or 17), not related to each other, and not in an existing marriage or civil partnership
- you will both be required to give a notice of civil partnership at the register office in the district where you live
- a notice of civil partnership is valid for one year but we will accept provisional bookings more than a year ahead
- you will need to make an appointment to give a notice of civil partnership and should book this by telephone
- you will need to make sure you have the correct documents when you attend and if in any doubt contact us for advice
- a civil partnership is formed once the couple have signed the registration schedule in the presence of a registration officer and two witnesses, there is no requirement for a ceremony as part of the legal process, but we do offer choices of ceremony to make the occasion as memorable as possible
- we shall offer suggestions regarding the content of your ceremony, but remember it is your day, so please feel free to put forward your own ideas
Our dedicated registration staff are here to offer support, advice and help to create your perfect day.