Read our Privacy Notice
This notice explains why we collect and keep your personal information, how your information is used and what we do with the information we collect.
For more information:
Book and pay for a course
Please Note: Payment Is Required At Time Of Online Booking
- Search and find your course.
- Click on ‘Booking and Information’ to see more details about the class, Learning Centre contact and booking.
- Some courses can be booked online. To do this, click ‘Book and Pay Online’. You will need to login via MyAccount to make your booking and payment.
- Login to MyAccount
- Add the Learning Pembrokeshire Widget to your MyAccount Dashboard (help)
- Enter the required details to link to your Learning Pembrokeshire Learner record
- You will see all recent class bookings with links and instructions to pay online.
- Any issues, please ring your local Community Learning Centre
- If an online booking option is not yet available for your chosen class, you will be directed to your local Community Learning centre.
- If someone else is paying or you would only like to make a part payment for the class – please contact your local Community Learning Centre where payment details can be agreed and your booking taken.
- If paying for a class (Full, Concession or Reduced fee options) is deterring or preventing you from making a booking, please contact the centre administering the class you are interested in, so that staff can discuss available funding options and arrangements with you.
In addition to course costs/fees, students are expected to provide their own textbooks, stationery and any materials for art and craft classes. Where materials are provided, there may be an additional cost. In some subject areas, Learners will be required to pay for photocopied materials that they retain. Learners are also responsible for payment of examination and accreditation fees. Tutors will provide further advice.
Have you made your booking via a Community Learning Centre? You can still pay for your class online.
You are now able to complete an online enrolment form instead of filling in a paper form (help).
The information displayed will be from your most recent enrolment. Please check and confirm your details, making any changes required. You can then tick the classes that you want to enrol on.
In this section you'll find all the essential information you need if you're enrolled on a course with Learning Pembrokeshire.
NHS Wales – Support your mental wellbeing
Feeling down or anxious?
Extra help for your mental wellbeing is available across Wales, online and over the phone.
These resources are safe, free, and you don’t need a referral, so take a look and see what can help you today.
Course fees are subsidised and apply to self funded learners only. Employers should contact the Lifelong Learning Coordinator at the community learning centre, who will agree appropriate fees.
Payable for those not eligible to concessions listed below.
Reduced concessionary fee - applicable on certain courses to:
- 16-19 yr olds
- Full time students
- People in receipt of state benefits and allowances listed:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA). Contribution Based Jobseekers Allowance (CBJSA) does not qualify
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits only, with an annual household Income of under £16,190
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (IR)
- Universal Credit
- Bereavement allowance
- Carer’s allowance
*Evidence of entitlement to concessionary fees must be produced either at time of course payment or during your first class. Failure to do so will result in a full fee being charged.*
Are there any extra costs?
Students are expected to provide their own textbooks, stationery and any materials required. Where materials are provided, students must pay for these. In some subject areas, students will be required to pay for photocopied materials that they retain. Students are also responsible for payment of examination and accreditation fees. Your tutor will advise in these matters.
Viability – Published fees for classes may be subject to increase if the minimum number of enrolments is not reached each term. If any class is not financially viable, you will be given the choice to pay extra for the class to continue.
Are charges difficult for you?
If anyone is experiencing difficulty in meeting the fee, please get in touch with office staff at the appropriate centre, so that this can be discussed. Your enquiry will be handled in confidence. Arrangements can be made for course fees to be paid in instalments or by standing order over the period of the course.
The Learning Pembrokeshire policy on refund of course fees is as follows:
Should Learning Pembrokeshire cancel a course prior to commencement, a full refund will be given.
Customer cancellations prior to course commencement, will incur an administration charge of £10. No refunds will be given following commencement of a course.
Under exceptional circumstances, following course commencement, appeals for refunds can be made to the Area Lifelong Learning Coordinator. A minimum enrolment and administration charge of £25 will be incurred.
Term dates 2022 - 2023
There are three terms in the academic year
Autumn term dates
Start of term: 26th September 2022
Half term: 31st October - 4th November 2022
Spring term dates
Start of term: 16th January 2023
Half term: 20th - 24th February 2023
Summer term dates
Start of term: 24th April 2023
Half term: 29th May - 2nd June 2023
Occasionally term dates for individual classes differ - it is advisable to check with your tutor or Community Learning Centre staff for any such variations.
Induction sessions often take place the week before the start of term. Information on the length and time of this is available from the centre administering your course. Please contact the centre, prior to your course starting, if you have not already been advised of this.
This handbook signposts you to important information about our Service and tells you what you need to know to complete your course successfully. Please keep it in a safe place as you may need to refer to it throughout the year.
What additional services do Learning Pembrokeshire provide?
Adult Guidance - Learning Pembrokeshire's trained staff can help you to understand and make choices about courses, learning options and progression routes available to you. For further information, pick up an Adult Guidance leaflet from the Community Learning Centre.
Essential skills - Learning Pembrokeshire Essential Skills service offers classes/support in reading, writing, maths and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). Speak to your tutor, in confidence, if you need help.
Pembrokeshire County Council Welsh Language Scheme - Pembrokeshire County Council has adopted the principle that in the conduct of public business and the administration of justice in Wales, it will treat the English and Welsh Languages on a basis of equality. The Council's Scheme has received the approval of the Welsh Language Board under Section 14 (1) of the Welsh Language Act on 5th June 2006.
Disability support - Learning Pembrokeshire can provide support, advice and resources to assist your learning. Please talk confidentially to your tutor or Centre Administrator.
- Support with fees - If paying class fees is causing a financial problem, please talk confidentially to Centre Administrators, who can discuss available funding options and possible arrangements.
The Learning Pembrokeshire policy on refund of course fees is as follows:
- Should Learning Pembrokeshire cancel a course prior to commencement, a full refund will be given.
- Customer cancellations prior to course commencement, will incur an administration charge of £10. No refunds will be given following commencement of a course.
- Appeals procedure: Under exceptional circumstances, following course commencement, appeals for refunds can be made to the Area Lifelong Learning Coordinator. A minimum enrolment and administration charge of £25 will be incurred.