Types of Licence

Temporary Event Notice (TEN) 

Premises licence

You could receive an unlimited fine or go to prison, or both, if you carry out licensable activities without a proper licence.


You should also contact us if your event involves any of the following:

  • Trading in the street
  • Charitable collection
  • Selling raffle tickets
  • Catering
  • Road closures
  • Sanitary provision
  • Waste disposal
  • Firework display
  • Animal performances
  • Parking
  • Industrial equipment such as large generators
  • Stages, temporary structures 

 If you intend to hold an event on Council land you will need to contact the Property Team


ID: 4365, revised 28/02/2022