Ukrainian Information Centre
Transportation & Driving
Bus & Train Services
Until 31st of March the following services are available to the Ukrainian guests for free:
- All local bus services
- Transport for Wales rail services across Wales
- Bus and Transport for Wales train services that cross into England if starting or finishing in Wales.
To be eligible for this scheme you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold a valid passport (Ukrainian ‘refugees’ only) until processed through the Home Office
- Have a letter issued by the Home Office / Message from Rt Hon Priti Patel MP
- Hold a biometric British Residence Permit (BRP) marked that someone is a ‘refugee’
- Have a proof of being a ‘refugee’ who has Humanitarian Protection (HP)
- Be someone who can present a BRP which does not include those phrases but accompanied by a letter or email which says they have been granted refugee status / Humanitarian Protection
As well as public transport, Pembrokeshire has a number of community transport options, which are particularly helpful in more rural areas. These include:
- Fflecsi Bus
- Country Cars, Dial a Ride, Scooters and Take Me Too – Contact PACTO on 0800 783 1584 or visit PACTO
- Local buses
Driving in Pembrokeshire
You must have both a full driving license and in-date motor insurance to drive a vehicle on UK roads. Depending on the type of driving licence you hold different rules will apply to you.
Car & Bike Licence Holders
DVLA advises that if you passed your driving test outside of EU/EEA you are permitted to drive for 12 months from arrival.
This means that if you hold a Ukrainian driving licence you are allowed to use it for the 12 months of your stay.
After the 12 month period your licence will have to do one of the following:
- Exchange your licence
- Apply for a provisional license and take a theory and practical test in the UK
Exchanging your licence
After 12 months you can exchange your licence – this is broken into the following categories:
- If you passed your driving test before 28 December 2021 you can only exchange your driving licence for a UK licence that allows you to drive automatic vehicles.
- If you passed your driving test on or after 28 December 2021 and your current licence allows you to drive manual vehicles, you can exchange it for a UK licence that allows you to drive manual vehicles.
- If you have a motorcycle license you cannot exchange it for a UK equivalent. You will be required to apply for a provisional license and take a theory and practical test in the UK.
Please note that if you passed your driving test before 28 December 2021 and you want to drive manual vehicles in UK you will also need to apply for a provisional license and take a theory and practical test in the UK.
Lorry and Bus License Holders
If you hold a Ukrainian driving license that permits you to drive lorries and/or buses you are not eligible to drive them in UK. You will need to exchange your license and pass a GB driving test in the vehicle required.
If your license is not from EU/EEA/Designated country. You can drive any category of small vehicle shown on your license for up to 12 months from the time you become resident.