Ukrainian Information Centre

Immigration Advice

To obtain information on immigration please refer to the Welsh Government - Ukraine website explaining different types of Visas available to Ukrainian citizens or call if you know you are coming to Wales.

The Contact Centre operates Monday to Friday, and will be staffed between 09:00hrs and 17:00hrs.

Freephone within UK: 0808 1751508

From outside the UK: 020 4542 5671 / +44 (0)20 4542 5671

Pro Bono Immigration Advice

Ukraine Advice Project is a group of volunteer qualified lawyers, providing free legal advice on UK visas and refugee rules. Please note that their service operates only in English so you may require a friend or family member translating for you.

Legal Aid Solicitors & Immigration Advisers

If you are on a low income and need help accessing an immigration solicitor, search the provided list of legal aid organisations.

GOV.UK – Legal Aid Advisors

Please note that closest legal aid advisors specialising in immigration related matters are located in Swansea.

Alternatively, you can find an immigration adviser on the Home Office adviser finder tool. You can select level of advice required and filter between paid and free services.

Home Office – Adviser finder

Biometric Resident Permits (BRP)

Your guest will need to contact the Home Office to request their BRP within 90 days of arrival to extend their stay for up to 3 years and be issued with a biometric residence permit (BRP) as evidence of your immigration status.

BRP’s are handled by the Home Office. The process is as follows:

  • On arrival to the UK, citizens will either have a stamp put in their passport or if they don’t have a passport they would have been issued with a document called IS116.
  • Ukraine Nationals that hold a valid Ukraine Passport will be able to do their visa applications online.
  • On arrival to the UK they have 90 days to contact the Home Office to request their BRP.
  • They will have up to six months to submit their biometrics and once this is done they will then be awarded 3yrs stay in the UK.
  • Civilians without a passport will be issued a paper version of the visa at the Visa Application Centre as their Biometrics are confirmed in Europe and they will be issued with an IS116 document.

In these scenarios the Home Office will notify by letter once the BRP is ready to be collected for a nominated Post Office.  

Information about completing this can be found at: GOV.UK 

Pembrokeshire Citizens Advice

You may be able to receive support and guidance from our local Citizens Advice offices. You can find out more information on their website – Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice can be contacted on 01437 806070 during the following opening times:

Monday: 10:00am - 1:00pm

Tuesday: 10:00am - 1:00pm

Wednesday: Closed

Thursday: 10:00am - 1:00pm

Friday: Closed

Alternatively, you can fill out their online form if you prefer to communicate electronically.


Ukraine Project Cymru

A new immigration advice service for Ukrainians in Wales is offering FREE one-off advice appointments to help you understand your immigration status and how to take your own case forward.

For more information email:


ID: 9064, revised 02/05/2023