Statutory Nuisance

Am I able to take my own action?

Section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 allows a private individual to make an application to a Magistrates Court to issue an Abatement notice independently of the Local Authority. You will, however, need to satisfy the magistrates that, on the balance of probability, the problem you are complaining of amounts to a nuisance.

ID: 2398, revised 12/09/2022