Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences
What is reportable?
You must report:
- work-related accidents to worker and non-workers which cause death;
- work-related accidents which cause specified injuries to workers;
- accidents which result in a worker being away from work for more than 7 consecutive days;
- work-related accidents involving members of the public who are taken from the scene to hospital for treatment;
- reportable work related illness;
- reportable dangerous occurrences (where something happens that does not result in an injury, but could have done)
- reportable gas incidents.
RIDDOR applies to all work activities but not all incidents are reportable. Full details of what is reportable can be found on the RIDDOR website (opens new window)
Incidents should be reported to the Incident Contact Centre (ICC) online http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/report.htm.
All incidents can be reported online but a telephone service remains for reporting fatal and major injuries only - call the Incident Contact Centre on 0845 300 9923 (opening hours Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5 pm).