COVID-19: Any specific information relating to Pembrokeshire will be updated at or How to apply for a Covid-19 test,

Licensing of Events

Licensing of Events

It is usual for events to require a Premises Licence for the period of the event involved under the Licensing Act 2003.  However for smaller events (less than 500 people) of short duration (less than 168 hours) organisers may not require a Premises Licence but may give the Licensing Authority a Temporary Event Notice (TEN). 

If your proposed event involves one or more of the following activities then you are likely to need to obtain a licence (or temporary event notice).

  • Sale of alcohol
  • Supply of late night refreshment – i.e. selling hot food or hot drink between 11.00pm and 5.00am for consumption on or off the premises.  This includes takeaways, cafes, mobile hot food vans and any other venue providing hot food or hot drink
  • Provision of 'Regulated Entertainment'.

You can contact a member of our Licensing Team to discuss the details of your proposed event. We will then be able to provide you with more specific advice.

Licensing Team: 01437 764551

ID: 4822, revised 14/02/2020