Housing Support

Wales and West Housing Association

This service is available regardless of the tenure; whether you rent or own your home.

Our Supported Housing Officers provide a much needed housing related support service and the type of support/assistance provided are: 

  • to manage the upkeep of your home
  • to access benefits
  • in getting involved in the community
  • at times of bereavement
  • to access care services
  • to set up alarm systems or assistive technology
  • with advice about other housing options
  • with accessing adaptations and equipment

This support and assistance service is: 

  • available to any older person living in any kind of tenure (owner occupier or living in rented accommodation). We can also make visits to hospitals/residential homes if there is a need.
  • provided as long as is required; there is no time limit whilst support needs have been identified
  • conducted in both Welsh and English; whichever is the preferred language of the service user.
  • highly confidential.
  • free

Referrals for the service are taken from statutory services, self-referrals and voluntary sector agencies. Support Officers will visit you at home to assess your needs and see what assistance can be provided. They will deliver housing related support to you until you are happy that your needs have been met. Support can be in your home or at a location of your choice such as a café or drop-in centre.

Wales and West Housing Association

ID: 2088, revised 28/06/2022