Promoting a project will help to engage people and build local support and enthusiasm. Regular updates as a project grows will provide a steady feed of information and maintain interest. A celebration launch event will provide another opportunity to engage people and spread the word.
Here are some ideas.
- Have a dedicated team or someone in your project to be responsible for coordinating marketing and promotion.
- Social media such as Facebook and Twitter is a very effective and cost free method to promote a project. Information can be targeted to a far reaching audience.
- Engage local organisations and businesses to promote your project through their networks displaying posters and notices at no charge.
- Free editorial and photos in local papers with an interesting story can be a very effective form of promotion.
- Always check that the content/ information is correct.