Advice Options: Fee-based Service
Our new ‘fee-based' advisory service for food safety and standards, will offer a wide range of advice, including:
- Advice on premises layout, structure, facilities, equipment.
- Advice on food safety practices and procedures (e.g. on temperature control requirements, and on how the business could meet guidelines to control the risk of E.coli cross-contamination, where appropriate).
- Advice/support in developing a food safety management/HACCP systems and maintaining records that are proportionate to business.
- Advice on the requirements relating to the training, instruction and supervision of food handlers.
- Advice on the criteria considered under the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme, and the general requirements to be met in order to attain a high rating - helping new businesses get off to a flying start.
- Advice on/assistance with food sampling and the significance of any results.
- Advice on complying with food allergen labelling/information requirements.
- Advice on complying with other food labelling/ description/ advertising requirements.
- Advice on food compositional requirements.
- Approval of food labels/menus/websites/other advertisements prepared by the business.
- Food premises audits (‘health checks').
with the decision ultimately resting with your business.