What is Tenant Participation?
Basically, it's about tenants getting involved in a way that suits them.
How can I get involved?
There are lots of ways to get involved and it's not all about going to evening meetings! See below some ideas of what you can do. If you have any new ideas, let us know.
- Community clean-up
- Play sessions
- Attend HRA Working Group meetings to help make decisions about how tenant rent is spent
- Green space development e.g. community garden
- Gardening competition
- Write an article for our online newsletter
- Fill in a survey and be in with the chance to win a prize!
- Attend a tenants and residents group
- Take part in a consultation to give your opinion on what should happen
- Read through our letters and let us know how we can make them more tenant-friendly
- Attend community events
- Organise a community activity e.g. coffee morning, BBQ, bonus ball, bingo, quiz
What's in it for me?
- Get your voice heard
- Free training
- New skills and qualifications - good for a CV!!
- Make important decisions to shape Housing services
- Meet new people and socialise
- Increased wellbeing
What help or support will I receive?
- Support from the Housing Customer Liaison Team
- Use of the Housing departments gazebo
- Marketing/advertising support
- Useful contacts
- Support booking community buildings/venues for events
Community Chest Funding
The Community Chest Fund is a pot of money that can be applied for to use for projects or events that will benefit the local community and a proportion of our tenants.
You can apply for up to £500 for your project. Application deadlines area 31st January, 30th April, 31st July and 31st October.
Which tenants and residents groups are currently active?
- Pennar and Bufferland Tenants and Residents Association - Meet the first Tuesday of each month at the Alma Inn, Pennar.
- The Garth Steering Group - Meet the first Wednesday of each month at The Hive, Goshawk Road, Haverfordwest.
- Bush and Park Tenants and Residents Association - Information to follow
- Albany and Moravian Tenants and Residents Association - Meet on an bi-annual basis
- AJH Tenants and Residents - Information to follow
- The Begelly Golden Age - Information to follow
- Tenby Over 50's Friendship Club - Information to follow
- Mount Estate Parent Play Team (MEPPT)- Free play sessions every Wednesday from 3:30pm-5:30pm at the Orchard Centre, Mount Estate. Parent must accompany children.
CLO Team - Who are they and what do they do?
The CLO Team (Customer Liaison Officer Team) work in the Housing department to support tenants to engage or participate in their communities. The team consists of Rachel Knight, Katie Mullins and Nia Davies. You may have met or seen the team in your local area as they are often out and about running events, supporting tenant groups and consulting with tenants.
How do I get in touch?
Phone: 01437 776556