Paying a Parking Fine (PCN)

How to Challenge

If you disagree with the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN), you can write to Wales Penalty Processing Partnership (WPPP) within 14 days of the date of issue of the PCN giving your reasons or explanation why you feel that the PCN should be cancelled.  

Challenges must be made in writing. You can then submit it in one of the following ways:    

  • By post - send to WPPP, PO 273, Rhyl, LL18 9EJ
  • By fax - send to 01745 839246
  • By email -

Within your challenge please ensure that you supply the relevant ten character Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) number (e.g. PK51235123) and your name and address so that we may reply to you. 

The option to pay at a 50% discount will be held open until a challenge has been considered and a decision is made.

If you are unhappy with the result of your challenge, a formal appeal can be lodged with The Traffic Penalty Tribunal, the national parking appeals adjudication service. This further appeal to the tribunal must be made within 14 days of the rejection of the first challenge.

Please note: Denbighshire Council will be completing some of the parking administration on Pembrokeshire's behalf. However, all policies have been agreed by Pembrokeshire and Pembrokeshire Council staff will be involved at all stages of the process.

Civil Parking Enforcement procedures

ID: 1551, revised 28/09/2023