How Your Money is Spent
Adult Social Services
Your Council Tax contributes towards..
- enabling more than 2,500 people to remain in their own homes through a variety of support provided or arranged by Pembrokeshire County Council during the year, including:
reablement service which provides over 700 people with intensive rehabilitation in their own homes from illness and/or injury.
homecare – approximately 1,120 people are provided with assistance to follow familiar routines and lifestyle in their own homes allowing them to maintain their independence and quality of life.
direct payments- more than 330 people are provided with the means to choose and purchase their services for themselves.
day services/opportunities in the community - more than 690 people participate in day opportunities during the year enjoying companionship and opportunities to learn or re-learn skills and hobbies, in addition to receiving support with day-to-day tasks.
provision of disability equipment in partnership with the NHS.
- supporting vulnerable people to stay safe in their own communities, and prevent dependency on long term care.
- enabling nearly 900 people to live in residential or nursing care homes during the year.
- providing support for adults with learning disabilities and mental health problems, in partnership with the NHS.
- co-production of preventative services in the community.