COVID-19: Any specific information relating to Pembrokeshire will be updated at or How to apply for a Covid-19 test,

Gypsy Traveller Sites

Gypsy Traveller Sites

Pembrokeshire County Council manages four sites, where there are residential "pitches" available for gypsies and travellers.

The four sites are located at:

  • Kingsmoor Common, Kilgetty;
  • Castle Quarry, Monkton;
  • Withybush, Haverfordwest;
  • Under the Hills, Merlins Bridge, Haverfordwest.

There is also an existing site at Waterloo, Pembroke Dock, which is scheduled to close.

Contact Information:

The Council employs a Gypsy Traveller Sites Officer who may be able to help if you have queries about the sites or pitches.

Gypsy Traveller Sites Officer
Pembrokeshire County Council
North Wing
County Hall
SA61 1TP

Tel: 01437 764551

What is a pitch?

Each pitch has a hard standing to site a caravan or mobile home, and a utility building with the following facilities:

  • Hot and cold water supply;
  • Wash facilities and toilet;
  • Mains electricity supply;
  • Sewage disposal.

How do I apply for a pitch?

You can apply for a pitch by filling out an application form and sending it to the Gypsy Traveller Sites Officer, who will be able to assist you to complete it if required. The form is available to download below, or you can get a hard copy from any of our customer service centres.

When you have applied for a pitch, your application will be prioritised depending on your current circumstances. As there are not usually vacant pitches, you are likely to be added to a waiting list.

Please see the allocations policy (below) for information about the way applications are assessed and prioritised, and how pitches are allocated.

Allocation Policy 
Pitch Application Form 

Repairs and maintenance

The Council is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the utility block, the hard standing and the services which are laid into the building.

Repair requests are prioritised according to their urgency and it is important that you provide accurate information to ensure your request is dealt with promptly and correctly.

However, repairs to your caravan or mobile home and the services e.g. water, gas, electricity which you have laid into your home will normally be your responsibility. 

If damage is caused because you are the victim of vandalism or a crime, you will need to get an incident number from the Police before reporting the repair to the Council. 

How do I report a repair?

1. By telephone on 01437 764551

You can phone to report a repair during these times:

8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday

8.00 am to 2.00 pm Saturday and Sunday

For out of hours emergencies only - phone 0345 601 5522

2. Call in at a Council Customer Services Centre located at Haverfordwest and Pembroke Dock

3. By e-mail to

4. Write to us: Pembrokeshire County Council, Maintenance Department, Unit 23,

Thornton Industrial Estate, Milford Haven, SA73 2RR


ID: 1778, revised 30/04/2020