COVID-19: Any specific information relating to Pembrokeshire will be updated at or How to apply for a Covid-19 test,

Deprivation of Liberty

What will happen if I get Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards?

Everyone who has a Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Authorisation must have a representative. The supervisory body will make sure you get a representative, the representative is a person who does not work with you; they visit you and check you are looked after in a way that means you are safe; your representative could be a member of your family or a friend. If you or anyone else is unhappy about you being deprived of your liberty, they can ask for a review  

there will also be a review if your situation changes. If you or your representative disagree about you being deprived of your liberty, you can ask a special court called the Court of Protection to decide whether you should be deprived of your liberty or not.

If you (or your representative) are reading this because you are deprived of your liberty, you can contact the Court of Protection at:

The Court of Protection Customer Services,
Archway Tower,
2 Junction Road,
N19 5SZ

Telephone: 0845 330 2900 (Phone lines are open from 9am-5pm)

Fax: 020 7664 7551

Email: customerservices@publicguardian.gsi. 

ID: 1803, revised 09/09/2021