Our key priority has always been the safety of children, their families and school staff and this will continue to be our main consideration as we begin to enter the recovery period.
Please be assured that we have been working hard to put plans in place for our schools. Thank you for your continued support and co-operation.
Please visit the other pages on this site for further information, which are being regularly updated.
Welsh Government is asking families and learners to continue to follow guidance on isolating, testing and vaccination, to minimise the risk of the spread of COVID-19 in our education settings.
- Get the vaccine if it’s offered to you.
- Maintain regular handwashing.
- Any staff or learner with symptoms of COVID-19 - however mild – should stay at home and book a PCR test at their closest test site.
- Staff in primary schools - and staff and learners in secondary schools and colleges - without symptoms should take two lateral flow tests (LFTs), three days apart during the week leading up to their first day back. If the test is positive they should self-isolate, and book a PCR test.
- Going into the new term, staff in primary schools and staff and learners in secondary schools and colleges not showing symptoms should continue to take regular rapid lateral flow tests twice a week, and report the results online.
- Learners Years 7 and above should continue to wear face coverings on school and college transport.