How to Pay
Cashless Catering is now available at all Pembrokeshire Secondary Schools.
The cashless catering system allows pupils to pay for school meals without the need to carry cash. Instead, pupils are able to pay for their meals using their finger or a cashless catering card.
There is a daily spend limit automatically set on each pupil’s account at £6 per day. If you would like this lowered or increased please contact Catering Services.
Pupils entitled to free school meals will have their accounts automatically credited daily. Any remaining credit will not be carried over to the next day and the balance will be restored to zero before the next day’s allowance is added. However, you can add to the free school meal allowance via any of these payment methods. Any value added to the card over the free school meal allowance can be spent freely and will be carried over if not used.
Cards are provided by your child’s school. If your child loses their card it will be suspended and a new card will be issued. The school meals account number will not change and the balance from the old card will be transferred over, but there will be a small charge of £2 for the replacement card.
Cashless Catering – COVID 19
Pembrokeshire County Council’s Catering Service have considered the safest and most appropriate way of providing meals to pupils using Cashless Catering. The following measures will apply in all secondary schools:
· The Biometric (fingerprint) payment option will be withdrawn until further notice
· Pupils who currently use the Biometric option and therefore do not have Cashless cards will be provided with a new card at the school.
· Any pupils who have lost/damaged their Cashless cards can request a new one from the school canteen
· Any staff wishing to purchase food will also need to request a Cashless card
· No cash will be accepted in schools.
· Coin-loader machines in schools will only be used to check balances by scanning the Cashless cards.
· Meal accounts can be topped up online through My Account or by phoning the Council Contact Centre on 01437 764551
· To request a meal account number, or for any further information, please email email@example.com