Benefits and allowances
If you are on low income
Working Tax Credit
Working Tax Credit is a payment to top up the earnings of low paid working people.
You could get Working Tax Credit if either of the following applies:
- you’re aged from 16 to 24 and have a child or a qualifying disability
- you’re 25 or over, with or without children and you work
- work a certain number of hours a week
- get paid for the work you do (or expect to)
- have an income below a certain level
You can find out more from the HMRC Tax Credits helpline.
Tel: 0345 300 3900
Textphone: 0345 300 3909
Written enquiries: HM Revenue and Customs - Tax Credit Office Preston PR1 4AT.