Pembrokeshire's Play Tale and Play Art Competition 2021
Theme: ‘If I could play all day….’
Children have an innate love of stories. Stories create magic and a sense of wonder about the world. Stories teach us about life, about ourselves and about others. Writing and drawing communicates with readers. Pure West Radio and Pembrokeshire County Council are very excited to be launching their first ever Pembrokeshire Children’s PlayTale and PlayArt Competition!
Would you like to hear your story read on the radio being listened to by families across Pembrokeshire and seeing your amazing playing drawing online?
Well... now is your chance!
We also have some amazing prizes up for grabs for our winners and runners up.
There are two age groups and competition categories:
Aged 5 years and under – PlayArt
6 – 11 years old – PlayTale
A little bit about our special dragon:
Sbarc, a Welsh Dragon, lives in the Magical Preseli Hills. She is a friendly but lonely young Dragon who has recently heard about children who love playing but has never played or had anyone else to play with. Sbarc would like to know more about what playing is all about so you are about to enter the world of make believe...
One night you wake up, and sat on the end of your bed is Sbarc…she has come to take you on a magical adventure, flying all over Pembrokeshire and she wants you to tell her an amazing play story. If you are aged between 6 and 11, you will be able to describe what playing means to you by telling it as an amazing adventure (PlayTale) and if you are 5 or under, you can describe your wonderful adventure from your magical drawing (PlayArt).
Be as creative as you like and let your imagination go wild
Some things to think about:
- Who are you playing with?
- How does it make you feel?
- Where are you playing?
- Why do you like playing?
- What would your life be like if you couldn’t play?
Here are some ideas to help start off your story:
- In a land far, far away...
- My family and I went...
- When I woke up it was a day like any other....
- The rain was pouring, and I was bored....
- As I was falling asleep...
Every story and picture we receive will be overseen by a panel of judges.
Closing date for the competition will be: 21st October 2021
To enter, complete the competition entry form and email it to: email@example.com by 11:59pm 21st October 2021
For full T&C’s please see below:
Story writing and artwork competition terms and conditions
- Promoter information: Pure West Radio and Pembrokeshire County Council
- Entry to the competition is FREE
- The PlayTale competition is open to all children 6-11 years of age
- All stories to have a 300 word maximum limit
- Entries will be read and judged anonymously. Entrants’ names and contact details should only appear on the entry form and not anywhere on their story
- Entries will not be returned. Please keep a copy. No corrections or alterations can be made after receipt of an entry
- Only one entry will be accepted per child
- The Play Art competition is open to all children up to 5 years of age
- All artwork must be drawn on a sheet no larger than an A4 size -210mm x 297mm.
- If you would like your artwork returned, then please supply a self-addressed stamped envelope with the correct postage and packaging by posting your entry
- Only one entry will be accepted per child
- Competition closing time and date: 11:59pm on the 30th of September 2021. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Children must have the permission of an adult before entering.
- No alternative prizes will be offered, and there is no cash alternative.
- The winner will be chosen by the competition panel and their decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- PlayTale winners will be announced during the final in October and their stories read out. Each story will be placed onto the PCC Play home page and the Pure West Radio web site
- PlayArt winners will be announced during the live final event and their art work will be displayed via the Pembrokeshire County Council Play webpage and the Pure West Radio website
- If a winner is unable to be contacted within one calendar month from the live event, we will offer the prize to another finalist.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Parents to provide their child’s full name with age and to sign giving permission for their child to enter either competition. We will use these personal details to administer this competition, and will not publish or provide any of these details to any individual, any company or any organisation without your permission. Once the competition has finished all personal information will be permanently removed and destroyed.
Pure West Radio and Pembrokeshire County Council reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the organiser’s control.
For further information, please refer to our privacy notice through the link added below - this is where you will find all the information about how we handle your personal data. Why does the Council need your personal data? - Pembrokeshire County Council
Rules, liabilities and jurisdictions.
- When you enter the competition, you agree to be bound by these rules.
- Pure West Radio and Pembrokeshire County Council does not accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
- This competition is subject to the laws of England and Wales.