Complaint Contact Officers

Building Maintenance

For complaints about council house repairs, maintenance of buildings and street lighting. Your contacts are:

Alys Phillips, Customer Liaison Officer

Tel: 01437 776408



Corporate Units and Welsh Language

For complaints about Human Resources, policy, legal, elections and the Welsh language. Your contact is:

Jemma Price-Lewis, Business Manager

Tel: 01437 776203



Cultural Services

For complaints about libraries, museums, archives, registrars, the arts. Your contact is:

James Thornley, Cultural Services ICT Manager

Tel: 01437 776083



Economic Development and Regeneration

For complaints about economic development, regeneration projects and community regeneration. Your contact is:

Kirstie Thomas, Regeneration Project Administrator

Tel: 01437 775920




For complaints about school admissions, special needs education and statements, music service, youth services, adult learning, sports development, early year’s education and play, catering services and student awards. Your contact is:

David Thompson, Policy & Improvement Programme Manager

Tel: 01437 775288 


N.B. Issues concerning schools must follow the Schools General Complaints Procedure.


Environment & Civil Contingencies

For complaints about refuse (including trade waste), recycling and civic amenity sites, street cleaning, litter collection, parks, gardens & play areas and abandoned vehicles. Your contact is:

Scott Royle, Environmental Services Complaints Officer

Tel: 01437 775930



For complaints regarding public toilets. Your contact is:

Katie Daly, Strategic Business Manager

Tel: 01437 775945



For complaints regarding the crematorium. Your contact is:

James Allen, Assistant Superintendent Registrar

Tel: 01834 860622



For complaints regarding emergency planning. Your contact is:

Steve Jones, LRF Civil Contingencies Coordinator

Tel: 01437 775661



Housing Commissioning

For complaints about council house allocation, private sector housing grants, tenancy management, sheltered housing, homelessness and housing options. Your contacts are:

Natalie Badham, Customer Liaison Officer

Tel: 01437 775749


For Council House repairs see Building Maintenance



For complaints about highways, sewers, transportation, car parks, road safety, coastal protection, architecture, energy & sustainability, engineering, community safety, Bridge Innovation Centre (BIC) and Futureworks. Your contacts are:

Jade Major, Data and Systems Officer

Tel: 01437 775454



Leisure Services

For complaints about tourism, leisure centres, tourism development, harbours and beaches. Your contact is:

Gary Nicholas, Leisure Services Officer

Tel: 01437 776005



Monitoring Officer

For complaints made to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales regarding alleged breach by a Councillor of the Code of Conduct, a copy of the complaint should also be forwarded to the Monitoring Officer.

The relevant complaints contact officer will also refer complaints, which contain an allegation of a contravention by the authority of any enactment or rule of law, to the Monitoring Officer.

Rhian Young, acting Monitoring Officer

Tel: 01437 775595



Ombudsman complaints

For complaints made to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.

The PSOW is an independent organisation appointed by the Welsh Government to look into complaints of maladministration (bad practice) against public services.

The PSOW will usually expect your complaint to have been considered through the Council Complaints Policy first before starting any investigation.

Amanda Davies, Social Services Complaints Officer

Tel: 01437 775503




For complaints about planning, Development Plan, conservation, building control. Your contacts are:

Harriet Lavender, Development Manager

Tel: 01437 775907



Procurement & Customer Services

For complaints about benefits, council tax, council house rents, business rates, payroll and creditor payments, facilities (including car parks), customer contact centres, information technology and European issues. Your contact is:

Duncan Betteley, BPR Transformation Team Leader

Tel: 01437 775211



Property and Asset Management

For complaints about property management and review, county farms, markets, Haverfordwest Airport, industrial units and Tenby & Fishguard Harbours. Your contact is:

Emma Evans, Property Business Support Manager

Tel: 01437 776218



Public Protection

For complaints about environmental health, food safety/standards, licensing, pollution control, pest control, dog control, animal health and welfare, trading standards, community safety and private sector housing. Your contact is:

Jemma Price-Lewis, Business Manager

Tel: 01437 776203



Social Services

For complaints about services for the elderly, children and families, mental health services, physical disabilities, learning disabilities, fostering and adoption. Your contacts are:

Richard Williams or Amanda Davies, Social Services Complaints Officers

Tel: 01437 776208 / 01437 775503


ID: 526, revised 30/10/2023